What Is Mommy Burnout?
Mommy Burnout stems from chronic stress, which impacts you physically, mentally, and spiritually. Mommy Burnout wears you down and makes you feels as though you will never get a break. Mommy Burnout provides no relief to the dissatisfaction, anger, discomfort and strain that you feel as a mother, which is exhausting. Mommy Burnout keeps you from having healthy connections with your child(ren), partner, friends, and most importantly yourself.
Signs of Mommy Burnout
- You have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Once in a while, you sit alone and cry because you feel overwhelmed.
- Frequently short tempered with your kids.
- You constantly beat yourself up as a mother.
- Forgetting to prioritize yourself.
- Little to no interest in sex.
- Your marriage or partnership is in jeopardy due to burnout.
- You dodge your friends’ phone calls and just text instead.
- You are tired ALL THE TIME.